10 Reasons why hoteliers should consider guest blogging
1. Expand your influence. In other words, reach a new potential clientele. While sending out mailers in the hopes of reconnecting with previous customers has no doubt worked in the past (or has it?), you are probably better served to draw a new crowd. Guest posting is a great way to get your name in the heads of a diverse audience.
2. Interact one on one. Any type of blog posting generally comes with an option for readers to comment. You’ll want to take an active interest in who is responding to your guest posts in order to stay connected to them through conversational chats. Not only will this ensure that readers form a bond with your business, it may also prompt them to partake of your services (and refer others).
3. Increase web presence. If you know anything about SEO, then you probably realize that more links pointing to your website (which are usually attached to your posts) can not only drive traffic your way, but also help you to raise your ranking on Google. Of course, you have to work the system to get results, but an increase in web presence can do a world of good for your business.
4. Competition. Do you think you’re the only one out there trying to drum up business online? If you’re doing it, you can bet your competitors are (or will be soon). Keeping up to date with the latest trends and technological innovations can help you to not only succeed, but to beat your rivals to the punch.
5. Stay relevant. If you’ve never heard of guest posting, then chances are you may also be neglecting other avenues of social media networking like Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and any number of useful tools. In short, get with the program or get left in the dust!
6. Earn more. While it may be difficult to quantify direct monetary gain as a result of guest posting, you will almost certainly notice a bump in business following forays into the online marketplace.
7. R & D. There is no better way to keep your finger on the pulse of trending than to follow what’s popular online. Using guest posting as a way to stay tuned in will help you to see what’s got the attention of the public and use it to your advantage.
8. Branding. Building a brand image is essential if you want to attract new clients and hang on to the ones you’ve got. Guest posting will help you to associate yourself with other businesses that fit into your aesthetic as well as control your public image online.
9. Easy and inexpensive. Do you know how much it costs to guest post? Absolutely nothing…unless you pay a professional writer to create your articles. In truth, an industry insider (i.e. someone who actually works in your hotel) is the best resource for posting articles related to the field. Not only will it cost nothing (except their time) to perform this function, they have the added advantage of knowledge and experience to make the process easy.
10. Opportunity. The internet is expanding at an astronomical rate, providing practically unlimited opportunities for you to increase your web presence, formulate a brand image, and grow your business exponentially. Guest posting is a great place to start and if you do it well and do it often, you will see tremendous results over time.